Dietary Counseling in Bend, Oregon
In a society marred by serious health conditions such as obesity, heart disease, and all sort of other health issues, the need to be well-informed about nutrition is now more crucial than ever. Recent studies have shown that out of every five people pronounced dead, at least one death occurred as a result of poor dietary habits. This, unfortunately, means thousands of people throughout the world lose their lives over avoidable issues. Each person irrespective of, age, gender, location, or ethnic background should take responsibility and not only watch what they eat but focus more on eating nutritious foods.
A nutritionist or a dietary counselor is a knowledgeable and experienced professional who can offer reliable dietary counseling. For a person suffering from a serious disease, obesity, or a person who simply wants to watch their food intake, getting dietary counseling provides a good source of guidance. A dietary counselor is tasked with the job of helping people adopt healthy eating habits as well as make wise decisions in choosing to eat healthy food.
Benefits of a healthy diet
For one to learn the benefits of a healthy diet, he or she must know which foods are regarded as healthy. A well-balanced, healthy meal consists of the six main components of a balanced diet. These include minerals, carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, fats, and water. Eating a balanced diet is beneficial as it supplies the body with all the energy required to keep you active throughout the day. In addition, a healthy diet helps facilitate the growth and repair of muscles and tissues, and supplies your body with important nutrients that help fight diseases and infections.
Other benefits of a healthy diet include
- Strong bones and teeth- eating green vegetables, fish, dairy, and whole grain products provide calcium and vitamin D which promote bone strength and growth.
- Weight regulation- natural, unprocessed food contains fewer calories and are safe to eat for that person who is looking to reduce or maintain their weight. Examples of such foods include lean meat, whole grain products, fruits, and vegetables.
- Promotes healthy heart- low fat dairy, whole grains, vegetables, and fruits are great for maintaining healthy cholesterol levels and regulating blood pressure.
- Reduces the risk of developing Type 2 diabetes- foods that have high quantities of fiber and fewer fats mean you are able to maintain a healthy weight and ultimately reduce your chances of contracting type 2 diabetes.
Dangers of an unhealthy diet include
- Tooth decay
- High blood pressure
- Stroke or heart disease
- High cholesterol among numerous others.
Naturopathic medical perspective
Conventional methods of treatment focus on recommending surgery and or drugs to patients. Naturopathic treatment operates on a different set of principles that look beyond the conventional means of offering treatment to eliminate serious health conditions. From simple dietary changes to massage and exercise, naturopathic treatments aim at using natural, non-invasive techniques to prompt the human body to heal itself.
Other techniques used in the Naturopathic practice include
For instance, if someone is found to suffer from migraines, depression, or hypertension, a naturopathic practitioner finds effective techniques as mentioned above to help alleviate or prevent these health issues. This practice strays away from conventional medical testing, vaccinations, and the use of artificial or synthetic drugs to treat diseases.